Nominations for the 2022 Tusk Conservation Awards are now open. Help us inspire Africa’s conservation leaders by nominating and honouring the conservation leader who inspires you.
The intention is that the nominees of the Tusk Awards should have no knowledge of their nomination. Therefore, please ensure that the details of your application and the references remain strictly confidential and that you don't reveal to the candidate that he/she is being considered for an award.
The deadline for applications is 15th April 2022.
If you have any questions please email [email protected]
Nominees that meet the following eligibility criteria will be considered for the Tusk Conservation Awards
Awards will be given for:
- Proven positive conservation impact for wildlife and communities. Their work must be based in Africa.
- People who act as a role model and provide a level of mentorship.
- People whose ideas are replicable or scalable in-country and across the continent.
- Country nationals with the exception of long-term residency (15+ years) or commitment to country/region/ building capacity of local team members for future leadership.
- People and projects that will continue into the future and are sustainable.
- People who take a grassroots approach to their work and are inclusive of local communities.
- Proven collaboration amongst peers and within Government structures.
- Work that needs to be recognised and given publicity in order to thrive.
- People that can prove ‘value’ for money and have the ability to manage grants and reporting requirements.
For the Ranger Award there are specific eligibility criteria
- The nominee must be an active ranger and a citizen of an African country.
- The nominee must have worked as a ranger for more than ten years.
- Team nominations will not be eligible.
Awards are not made for:
- People who are undertaking pure academic research.
- Individuals working for themselves (not part of a team).
- Individuals working in animal welfare or the rehabilitation of captive animals.
How to complete the Nomination Form:
You will be asked for details on your nominee including their personal details and impact in the conservation world.
In addition you will be required to upload three references (see page 9) before you can submit the application. We would recommend that you ask for these when you start the application so that you can submit them all together.